Monday, June 1, 2009

Steve and Michelle's 10th Anniversary

Monday, June 1, 2009

Steve and I thought it would be a great idea to celebrate our 10th anniversary where it started... in Tahoe. We got married at the Cal-Neva resort in '99 and never really got to enjoy being in Tahoe because of the whole wedding thing going on. So, this was our opportunity to really get to enjoy the surroundings. We left early Saturday morning and had a beautiful flight into Reno on a turbo prop which I was less than thrilled about. But we got so close to Mt. Rainier, it was breath-taking. Steve also took that opportunity to take a picture with his cell and tried to transmit the photo to FB. Um, yeah! Getting past the mild hysteria on my part, we were able to enjoy the rest of our flight into Reno. Upon arriving in Reno, with no agenda at hand, we had breakfast since it was the logical thing to do seeing our flight was so early and we didn't eat before leaving. Then off to Tahoe we drove. It was a beautiful drive into Tahoe and I totally forgot how beautiful the lake was. We found the Cal-Neva and pulled into a parking lot where we were 1 of like 20 cars. A little disturbing. We check in and the guy tells Steve something along the lines of how we just missed the rush. It was all Steve could do to hold back, "Seriously?!?" We get to our room which has this spectacular view of the lake, but that's about all it had going for it. Otherwise, I would put it on my list as one of the worst hotel room's I have ever stayed out.

Here is the "living room". See that TV? That TV had 12 channels.









This was our bedroom. See this TV? This TV had a lot more channels and no remote. It was a complete bust!






Tahoe wasn't a complete bust. We drove over to Tahoe City where we found that was the place for us. We took a wonderful Sunset sailboat cruise equipped with complimentary wine, beer, and appetizers. Coming from Washington, we get complimentary nothing. So, this idea of "free" was very liberating. :) It was by far the most relaxing thing I have ever done. The only kicker was that no agenda thing I mentioned earlier. This sailing charter was decided on the whim and we were not dressed to be on the water while it's windy. A little chilly. Totally worth it!

After our sailing excursion, we had a wonderful dinner where we both realized that we were exhausted.

On Sunday before the drive back into Reno, we stopped and played mini golf and had a blast. It's been a while since we played and forgot how much we both enjoyed it.


After our game of mini golf we stopped at a little ice cream shack. I got a scoop for the trip back and Steve got a classic shake. He took on large slip and spit it out. Instead of using the oh so safe vanilla ice cream, they stuck coconut ice cream in his. I thought this was pretty funny. He has such a physical reaction to anything he doesn't look, his looks are always classic. Now, we were onto Reno.

We stayed at our favorite hotel, Peppermill got freshened up for dinner. We met Shelly, Bill, TJ, Mike, and Debi (oh, and Lily) at a restaurant and had our anniversary dinner with everyone. It was really great spending time with them and visiting. It was the perfect dinner!

After dinner, Steve and I went and saw "Footloose" at The Nugget.


This pretty much wrapped up our anniversary weekend away. It was a wonderful way to spend our 10th anniversary. It's hard to believe that 10 years went by so quickly. Steve and I feel very fortunate that we have a great life with wonderful children, great parents, and a loving marriage. It's our perfect world! :)

0 comments: