Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Continuous rain

Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Well, it started to rain on Sunday and it really hasn't stopped. We have all varieties of rain from misting to down pours but it's all rain. Saturday was a beautiful day and we had close friends of the family watch the kids while Steve, myself, my mom, and Ben (kid's grandpa) went north for a little shopping therapy (well, that was for me) and dinner, plus some casino time. Steve has been hoarding his lucky $100 for the Craps table, and well, his lucky $100 is no longer lucky. We had a good time hanging out having adult time. We got home late around midnight and I was very glad to sleep in on Sunday.
Steve and Jake went paintballing on Sunday and Andy and I gardened... well, until the rain started in. I was able to get a considerable amount of weeding done and while I was doing so, I got inspired for our summer backyard projects. We have all the basics in for backyard enjoyment, but this year, I would like to kick it up a notch and actually add some visual interest (i.e. plants, yard definition, etc). So, as I sit here writing this looking out to the backyard from the office, the wheels in my head are turning, and mother nature is slapping us with thunderous rain. I love Washington!
Anyhoo... really looking forward to this weekend because we are taking Andy to see his ALL TIME FAVORITE train, Thomas in a theater production at the Key Arena in Seattle. I'm so excited to take him! We took Jake to two live productions when he was Andy's age (Blue's Clues and Dora) and nothing beats the experience of a live production. Steve and I love a great musical on stage and hope that one day the boys will have the appreciate for theater as much as we do.

0 comments: