Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just as I suspected...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009
The blogging is slowing down as there doesn't seem to be much to write about. I officially started Weight Watchers again last Saturday. That was a huge milestone because that was something that I have been wanting to do over the holidays. Steve also finally got my treadmill together over the weekend. So, I no longer have an excuse not to eat right or exercise. Aside from battling weight, I've finally attempted to learn VBA... a much needed skill in my job. Thank God I have Steve. Like it or not, he has to field all my questions. It's going to be slow going as I have to be able to apply these concepts to something tangible for me. So, we talk in lots of examples. It's a good thing. Next thing will be SQL, then I'll be working on my leadership skills for my position. It's been a while since I set "acedemic" goals for myself. Speaking of acedmeics... Steve and I have been researching the potential of going back to school. The Bachelor I've always wanted and the Master that Steve wants. We'll keep you posted.

Jake is currently working on getting his Orange belt. Going through the motions of getting his tips that lead up to the next belt test. He's also doing pretty awesome in his guitar lessons. As if that wasn't enough, he was just awarded Acedemic Achievement in Math this quarter. Can you say, "Proud Mom??". :)

Andy, well, is coming into his own. He's overly observational and part sponge. He's so funny and comes up with the wittiest things to say. He contantly has Steve and I fits of laughter over what he says. I would love to write them all, but that would be one long blog. My latest and greatest is him helping me clean house over the weekend while wearing his Iron Man costume. He said he needed the extra power to get through all the cleaning. Amen to that!! A little extra power can always help get through the pains of house cleaning. When that failed him, he has his tractor beams to blast those items in our way... I'm not so hip to what tractor beams are actually for, but they are there if we need to tap into them.

1 comments:

'melia's momma said...

Congrats on Weight Watchers and the treadmill - those 2 are my Mom's secret weapons! I, personally, have waaaay to many excuses.